Free Recipes at rubyglen.com
Chicken Pasta Salad
(makes approximately 4 to 6 servings)
This is a great dish that your whole family will enjoy as a pleasant change of pace!
8 oz pasta (rotini, penne, or ziti)
1 lb chicken (we use pre-frozen chicken breasts)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp minced garlic
¼ c chopped onion
1 small zucchini
1 small yellow squash
3 Roma tomatoes
1 can black olives
Italian Dressing (can use low fat)
Parmesian cheese (if desired)
1. Cook pasta according to directions on bag. Drain.
2. Brown chicken with approximately 2 Tbsp Italian Dressing. Cut into 1" cubes
3. Saute garlic and onion in oil until onions are clear.
4. Cut zucchini and squash into 1" cubes. Saute in skillet with garlic and onion until vegetables start to soften.
5. Add chicken to skillet and toss all ingredients together.
6. Put chicken, vegetables and pasta into large bowl. Add drained olives and 1 cup dressing. Toss until well mixed.
7. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
8. Immediately before serving, dice tomatoes and pour on top of salad.
9. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.