Potpourri Christmas Tree Ornaments
by J. Black
Artificial trees somehow don't always take the place of a
real Christmas tree and if you are like me Christmas just is not the same without the smell of fresh pine filling the
air as it gently wafts through the house.
One solution is to make ornaments to hang on the tree filled
with Pine Scented potpourri or homemade potpourri sprinkled with Pine Essential oil to give your
artificial tree a more welcoming and homely appeal for your family and guests.
Clear Glass ball ornaments with removable tops
Potpourri of your choice - A blend containing red, white and
green in line with the traditional colors of Christmas are a popular choice.
Small lengths of edging lace
Floral wire - thin
Ribbon for bow and hanging - Satin or velvet.
Hot Glue Gun or quick set glue
Small artificial or dried Flowers - one for each ornament.
1. Remove the metal top and hook from the ornaments.
2. Fill each ball about one third full with potpourri.
Note: Add more Pine Essential oil to the mixture if you
feel the scent of your store bought potpourri is not strong enough
3. Attach hook back to top with a drop of glue - using
glue gun or quick set glue
4. Thread a piece of thin floral wire through each piece
of lace gathering the lace onto the wire as you thread it.
5. Attach lace with a drop of glue to the top of the glass
6. Make a small ribbon bow and ribbon hanger and attach
to the top of each ornament with glue.
7. Glue a small artificial or dried flower to cover the
center where the bow and hanger join.
Your potpourri Christmas ornaments are now ready for
hanging on the tree.
Copyright © J Black. For more articles and ideas for the home
and Garden visit http://www.netwrite-publish.com