These are great for simple gift ideas, great for storage of small
items, and can be used in the craft room or at your desk.
Simple Gift Ideas
- Decorate with stickers and glitter paint. Fill them with chocolate
hugs and kisses. Make a gift tag, "Here are your hugs and kisses!" Share them
with a friend!
- Make a "Snowman Kit". Fill the jar with cotton balls. Cut two tiny
mittens from felt. Put them along the inside of the jar so they show. Cut a scarf
from a piece of cotton fabric, fringe the ends and wrap it around the outside of the lid. Make a hat using the toe of an orphaned sock. It
works great! Use a rubber band to attach the hat over the top of the jar so that
the jar looks like it is wearing a hat. Make a gift tag, such as "I couldn't
send you snowman by mail without it melting so here is your kit to make
- Great for single servings for friends, teachers or coworkers. These
little jars hold one serving of soup or cocoa mixes and two servings of coffee
and tea mixes. Fill the jar with cocoa, coffee or tea mixes and package
them with mugs, spoons, or candy canes. Make a gift tag with instructions.
Other Big Ideas for Little Jars
- Use for homemade bath salts, scrubs and salves.
- Store something pretty and inspirational like small shells from your
last beach trip.
- Store special homemade herb or seasoning mixes
In the Craft Room
- Use for storing and sorting beads.
- Use for storing or mixing paints.
- Use for storing and sorting screws and other small bits of hardware.
- Contain small bits of anything, such as buttons, bobbins, straight
At Your Desk
- Contain paperclips, push pins or a pencil sharpener in a little jars
to keep them from getting lost.
So, gather up those little jars and get them ready for some great big
Source of ideas: Erin, Busy-Nancy, Dee, Judy and Becky
|Our Thanks To:
Leslie Sausage is a web designer, freelance writer and mom. She is the
author of several e-books. For more creative, practical and fun ideas for
your home visit Heart4Home.net